How good quality content can help SEO
If you’ve read any of our previous posts you’ll notice that we keep hammering on good quality content. Now why is this? There are numerous reasons which we’ll discuss shortly. Let’s have a look at your main objective of your webpages shall we?
The main objective is to drive more traffic to your site, but ultimately also have a visitor on there for more than just a couple of seconds. You want them coming back form more, bookmarking and sharing your pages.
How can we achieve this? By enticing them with good quality content. Be very weary with regards to content syndication or content spinning, as it will cause more harm than good if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing.
What we mean by good quality content:
You are a reporter for your own pages. What does a reporter do? They go out of their way to find a captivating story to make it to the front page of their newspaper. A reporter has to investigate, get statements, -and in most cases, do some proper research. They write an original story based on their findings with a headline to capture the reader’s attention.
This is exactly how you should be viewing any article you would like to write about. Your motive for this is exactly the same as a reporters, to reach page 1, and captivate an audience who will keep coming back to read more. Sounds time consuming right? With any career path you choose you won’t get anywhere without hard work and dedication. Good quality content goes a long way when it comes to improving on-page SEO and generating traffic.
If your content gets shared, it can go viral, which is not only great for increased potential traffic, but also when it comes to off-page SEO.
Here’s a video discussing “Thin Content” worth checking out:
Google guidelines to create valuable content:
The key to creating a great website is to create the best possible experience for your audience with original and high quality content. If people find your site useful and unique, they may come back again or link to your content on their own websites. This can help attract more people to your site over time.
Check out this video by Matt Cutts, discussing the importance of spelling and Grammar:
As you begin creating content, make sure your website is:
- Useful and informative: If you’re launching a new business site, you should include the location, hours of operation, contact information, menu and a blog to share upcoming events.
- More valuable and useful than other sites: If you write about how to generate traffic, make sure your article provides more value or a different perspective than the numerous articles on the web on generating traffic.
- Credible: Show your site’s credibility by using original research, citations, links, reviews and testimonials. An author biography or testimonials from real customers can help boost your site’s trustworthiness and reputation.
- High quality: Your site’s content should be unique, niche-specific and high quality. It should not be mass-produced or outsourced on a large number of other sites and, be careful not to overdo your keyword optimization. You should keep in mind that your content should be created primarily to give visitors a good user experience, not to rank well in search engines.
- Engaging: Bring color and life to your site by adding images of your products, your team, or yourself. Always make sure visitors are not distracted by spelling, stylistic, and factual errors. An excessive amount of ads can also be distracting for visitors. Engage visitors by interacting with them through regular updates, comment boxes, or social media widgets.
Be careful of things that can make visitors not trust your site or leave:
- Errors such as broken links or wrong information
- Grammar or spelling mistakes
- Excessive amount of ads
- Spam such as comment or forum spam
What if I’m not a writer, what can I do?
No problem, if you have some money to spare you can look on sites like fiver, guru and elance. There you will find numerous writers able and willing to write any article you might need. Be clear and specific on your needs for the articles and you only have to pay if you are satisfied with the work done. It’s as simple as that. It’s a bit difficult relying on article writers when outsourcing as you’ll never know what you are going to get, but should you find the perfect writer you’ll be set. Just make sure they follow the guidelines and you’ll be set.